Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The desire for Presents and Presence on this Christmas Day!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Brrrrr!  It is a supremely cold morning.  The dogs gave us that clue when they decided not to be disobedient to our calls and instead ran straight for the dog house to wait to be let into the warm, cozy porch.  On this very cold wintery morning, we wait.  We wait to open presents.  We wait for my daughter to get back from work so that we can open presents.  We wait for my other daughter for the arrival of her presence as well.

Do I want to birth a baby on Christmas Day?  Sure!  Why not?  What an awesome Christmas Present!  But, what about the "labor" part?  Do I really want to go through all that pain on a day of celebration?  Well, my desire to see my little girl far exceeds the pain that I will go through to get her here.  I ache so much to see her, and touch her, and look into her eyes.  The desire is driving me nuts!  If I could make this birthing process begin now, I would!  She is soooo close.  I mean, this is MY body!  And I can't make the birth happen?  I am a slave to my own body??  She is right there.  I can touch her through my belly.  But, I can't hold her with my arms, nor touch her soft skin and hair, kiss her cheeks, rub her back, rock her and sing to her.  God help me today to be thankful for the presents I am blessed with, and for the presence I am blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment