Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

... My Butt!

Welllll, my butt hurts.  I fell down the stairs last night after taking a much needed nap.  Being nine months pregnant doesn't help with anything other than looking and feeling nine months pregnant.  And my butt hurts.  With my first baby, who was also my smallest, I broke my tailbone pushing her out.  She was "sunny-side-up", or in a posterior presentation where the back of her head, instead of her face, was pressed against my sacrum and ... my tailbone.  I believe she came out so fast that her cute, little head just snapped that tiny, little bone in my butt.  I couldn't sit normally, without a ton of pain, for at least 2 years, no kidding.  The painful result of landing on my tailbone last night as I made my accelerated decent down the stairs instantly reminded me of my experience on Mother's Day 18.5 years ago.  Either my pain tolerance has gone up quite a bit, or I didn't break my tailbone.  And I think this is just my fancy way of complaining, just a little bit, about my misfortune. 

I am tired of just about all the discomforts of pregnancy.  I have been trying to keep my focus on the positive, incredible, and sacred aspects of bringing this soul to this side of life, to bring her earth bound for whatever lay ahead for her Journey. My feet, ankles, and generally every part of my body is swollen and puffy. This happens with every pregnancy.  It is just at the end that really gets to me.  God has designed pregnancy to prepare us mothers for the birth.  Right?  Ah, mostly, it is a state of mind.  I have been trying to enjoy the presence of our little girl right where she is.  Our plan is that this will be our last pregnancy.  This will be the last time in my lifetime to feel this state of being, to feel this relationship between my body and that of my child's. So, I have been trying to memorize these last moments before her birth.  Redirecting my thoughts, I have been focusing on being the portal between heaven and earth.  What an incredible job!  What a sacred position to stand in that exact spot where a soul crosses over from heaven, from the heart of God, to begin a Journey, an adventure, here on earth. Then I revert back to, "God, please help my poor aching butt!"

No comments:

Post a Comment