Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

House of What?

House of what?  This is the House of J!  I picked "J" because I am trying to transfer over to my blog site instead of Caringbridge.  I started out writing about my beautiful boy, Jay.  He battled Leukemia for a year and a half before he crossed over into the Kingdom of Light (heaven).  So, this blog is the continuing story of our lives after our battle with cancer and losing Jay.

I recently looked up the name, Jay, on the internet.  The meaning is quite significant.  It means "happy".  Jay chose to be called by his middle name after we got to the Cities and started to prepare for a bone marrow transplant.  He eventually got dubbed, "Officer Jay".  (hmmm...Officer Happy)  His first name is Harrison which means strong ruler or leader.  Jay is definitely strong.  But, the name switch makes me think.

Jay switched his middle name because his grandfather was a role model for him.  My dad, whose name is Jay, who my son was named after, was a police officer.  Jay's dream was to be a police officer when he grew up.  This is why he switched to his middle name.  But, I think it was Jay's way of saying that he was a changed boy, a changed person.  I, also, think it is quite significant that the name, Jay, means "happy".

So, why just the letter "J" instead of "J-a-y"?  Well, our last name begins with J.  The blog is about more than just Jay.  It is about all of us "J's".

My hope is that our home, our house, changes and becomes a happy place, a happy home. The House of Happiness.  The House of J.

No comments:

Post a Comment