Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ground breaking

TJ helps with Willow standing in the background.

Buddy drops his ball in the hole to see if it is deep enough.  No, not really.  Buddy just thinks this will get one of us to throw the ball for him.  He has a "run" track mind.  All he wants to do is run after his ball.

What a big boy!

Willow gets a permanent spot to grow and reach toward the heavens.

Flowers for Willow, kind of like a "home" warming gift, from TJ.


Willow gets a drink after all that hard work.

All done!  That was fun!

We had a great time planting Willow.  Doing this with TJ's enthusiasm for life and discovery brought joy and Light to Jay's birthday.  What could have been a very sad day turned out to be a bright day full of joy, memories of Jay, and making a new memory.  Next year, at this time, we will remember what we did on Jay's birthday.  We won't remember the sadness, but the turning of the titanic.  We opened up our hearts and lives for God's light to shine in and turn our sorrow into joy, to bring another depth to our healing.

I did get balloons for Jay, of which TJ helped pick them out.


We enjoyed our day.  I wasn't any more heartbroken than usual.  I had a great sense of wonder and gratitude that God should have even let me have Jay 12 years ago.  I am even more aware of what a miracle Jay is and what a blessing April 27th, 1998 was for us. 

We will keep you updated on Willow's progress.  Now that I know how to get some pictures on here I will try to give you all a tour of our lives here in the House of J.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, sweet day you had for Jay's birthday! Toby looks like a really good helper...trying out the shovel like his dad! And Buddy clowning around with his ball...how funny. It's wonderful to see the titanic turning around with such a hopeful, joyous memory! God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I can operate the blog, I'd hate to get blogged down trying!
    I love the J smile message, I plan to pass a smile for him to everyone I meet, and better yet, get them to laugh! I figure we really don't have one thing more important to do in this world than share joy and laughter, and every morning we should wake up and set to do just that!
    It's positively windy in Southeast Arizona today. If Willow was here he'd have his branches waving like crazy. Maybe that is what all our scrawny little mesquite trees are doing out there, waving hard enough to welcome Willow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Anna, you did great blogging! or posting... It was really windy here, too. I think you are right. We should all SET our minds to sharing all the goodness God has given us. I think joy and laughter is at the top of the list of sharing! My dad, Jay C Ferguson, would always say, "You can do whatever you set your mind to". I believe him. You and I could start a campaign to set everybody to smiling...What do you think of that?

    ReplyDelete